Junior Playing Cards
Junior Playing Cards are custom French-suited, English Pattern playing cards.
There are two editions: Mage & Fool.
Both editions of Junior Playing Cards have 52 standard cards. There are four suits ( Spades, Diamonds, Clubs, and Hearts) with 13 cards each, ranked Ace through King.
Each deck has two Flag cards. Blue decks include two Mage cards, while Red decks include two Fool cards.
- The King of Hearts is also known as the Suicide King because of the peculiar position of his sword.
- The Jack of Spades and Jack of Hearts are referred to as One-Eyed Jacks, due to their faces being in profile.
- Typically, the Ace of Spades is more ornate, but in Mage & Fool decks, the Ace of Clubs receives special attention and features the Junior logo.
- The King of Diamonds is the only King with an Axe. He’s also the only King who isn’t holding his weapon.
- The Queen of Spades is the only Queen facing her left.
- The Jack of Hearts is the only Jack who isn’t holding a weapon. Instead, he’s holding a feather, similar to the one in the Jack of Clubs’ hat.
For printable instructions on how to play games with these decks, visit Junior’s How to Play page.